Yes! Jenna only hires licensed Estheticians and then trains and certifies them in a rigorous 6 week course, if they don't have prior lash application experience. You can't find that kind of training anywhere! Certification classes are only 1 or 2 days everywhere else.
In preparation for your eyelash extension service:
If you are getting a full set of lash extensions please plan for 2.5 hours. Please come with clean eyes free of all makeup and makeup residue, we ask that you wash your eye area and lashes with an OilFree cleanser. If you don't have one we will have you wash with our product when you get here. If you use an eye makeup remover please wash after use. Having clean OilFree lashes is extremely important in order for the adhesive to bond correctly. Secure your investment and don't skimp on this! We can't guaranty your extensions will stay on correctly if you don't. Depending on your service you will have your eyes closed for up to 2 hours so please wear your glasses if you don't think you will be comfortable for that length of time. We want you to get as many lashes as possible during your service. So, please do not fill up on fluids before your appointment, if you have to use the restroom during your service it will cause a lot of re preparation and time to get you ready for the service again thus, less lashes will be applied. Please be advised, your lash extensions will need to stay dry for the first 24 hours from the time your appointment ends, so please take into consideration your bathing, workout and hair washing schedule. That's it! You are all set to get beautiful lashes!
It is important to take care of your new eyelash extensions. With proper care your natural lashes will remain healthy and strong. Some important points to remember on how to care for your eyelash extensions:
* Keep your lashes dry for the first 8-10 or 24hours depending on the adhesive used after a full set and every fill. No water, No sweat, No rain and No tears!
*Avoid hot steam or sauna immediately afterwards. Allow enough time for the glue to bond to the lashes
* Must use oil free products on eye area. This includes eyeliner. Pencils contain oil so a powder, gel or liquid is best. Oil of any kind including your own natural oils will break the glue down and the lashes won't stay on as long as they should.
* Never pick, pull or curl your lashes as this could pull out your natural lash prematurely. This can leave a hole and it will take up to 60 days for a new lash to grow back in.
*Do not rub your eyes/lashes.
*Sleep on your back! Not only good for the lashes but keeps wrinkles away.
* Clean your lashes daily and after a heavy workout with our Lashfresh clean wash foam. When lashes are wet, pump the foam onto fingers and press into lashes with your fingers and rinse. Never use washcloths, towelettes, cotton pads or swabs. These will pull out and or get caught in your lashes and cause discomfort. Cleaning your lashes daily is a must! You need to remove natural oils that can break down the adhesive causing your extensions to come off prematurely. You may need to do this a couple of times if you are removing makeup. Dry lashes by pressing a towel gently onto the lashes, do not rub. Feel free to fluff the lashes with a blow dryer on low and cool for a few seconds. The disposable mascara wand you receive at your appointment is very handy when used vertically in a windshield wiper motion to fluff and separate the lashes. Keep a wand in your purse for those moments on the go to help maneuver your extensions into place when they are unruly.
* Water based mascara can be used on your lashes. We recommend this be used sparingly. The removal process is very hard on the extensions and can cause them to come off faster then they should. Never use waterproof mascara as this will not come off the lashes without an oil based remover. Gently, remove mascara with an oil free makeup remover and then wash with cleanser. Mascara is not needed but for those special occasions it will take your lashes to a whole new level of awesome!
* Fills are very important if you want to maintain your lash extensions. We recommend coming for a fill every 2-3 weeks for a 1 hour appointment to keep them looking lush and full. A 1.5 hour fill is recommended every so often if you go through a shed or want your lash extension to look extra amazing! If you go 4 weeks or more without a fill we recommend a new full set.
* Please ask your Estheticians for any products or tips that can help you stay in your extensions comfortably for an extended period of time...AKA Life!
We use a medical grade adhesive. Some people can be allergic...if you are prone to eye allergies or have sensitive eyes we can use a sensitive version of this adhesive. Otherwise the regular version will be just fine. Only about 5% of people seem to be allergic to one or both of these adhesives. If you have symptoms like red, itchy, peeling or swallow eyelids....red, itchy, burning irritated eyes after getting lashes, this is an allergic reaction that can last for 3 to 5 days. You may want to contact your doctors office to let them know what is happening and seek their advice as well. In the meantime, take Benadryl and wait it out. It will go away and you will still have beautiful lashes but, it will happen again if you have another application. We can change the adhesive to the sensitive version and do a patch test, applying just a couple of lashes on each eye to see if you still react. It will lessen the reaction by doing it this way if you do. If you are allergic to both adhesives nothing can be done. Removing your lashes is not advised as it could just increase your discomfort and will not stop the reaction. Wait it out and try to enjoy your lashes while you have them.
No, when applied correctly and safely as we do at Wink Lash Parlor no damage will be caused.
Damage is caused by untrained, uncertified, in some cases unlicensed individuals claiming they have the education to apply lashes! In most cases bundle lashes are applied.We do not use bundle lashes as they do not allow your natural lash to shed thus causing breakage and premature fallout of the natural lash resulting in some cases permanent gaps and holes. Bundle lashes should only be applied using a regular cosmetic grade adhesive, NOT a medical grade adhesive.
Your lash extensions can last up to 6 weeks. However, fills are very important if you want to maintain the look of fullness and evenness in your lash extensions. We recommend coming for a fill every 2-3 weeks for a 1 hour appointment to keep them looking lush and full. A 1.5 hour fill is recommended every so often if you go through a shed or want your lash extension to look extra amazing! If you go 4 weeks or more without a fill we recommend a new full set.
Our eyelash extensions are perfect for everyday wear as well as special occasions. They are semipermanent and made of silk. Each lash is applied one by one to your own natural lashes. With proper care and touchup visits they can last a very long time. Normally a person's natural eyelash falls out every 60 to 90 days and a new lash grows in immediately. Therefore, it is necessary to get touchups to fill in the fallen lashes. About every 2 to 3 weeks is recommended, however, this will vary from person to person. Your natural lash cycle as well as how you take care of your lashes will affect how long they last. Most of our clients have had their extensions for years.
The extensions are individual eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They provide length and thickness to your own lashes and are available in varying lengths, curls, thickness and colors. They are applied to your individual eyelashes, one lash at a time. There is no need for mascara even though a water based mascara is fine to use. The result is thicker, longer, eye opening eyelashes that are safe in the shower, while swimming, sleeping or exercising.
The lashes you pick with the guidance and help from your Esthetician can be change at your next fill so you are not stuck with anything. Erring on the side of caution is always best. You can bump up length, curl and thickness at you fill appointments. It will take 2-3 fills to completely change over but the lashes all intermix well.
We use silk lashes. Over years of working with synthetic, mink, faux mink and silk, our clients feed back was in constant favor of the silk due to their beautiful silky black luster.
* Note! We do not use bundle lashes as they do not allow your natural lash to shed thus causing breakage and premature fallout of the natural lash resulting in some cases permanent gaps and holes.
Most places count lashes saying a full set of lashes is 30 or 40 per eye. A human has 100 to 150 upper lashes and sometimes more. It seems ridiculous to charge for a full set if the person is not getting close to the amount they naturally have. In this case, not even close. At Wink Lash Parlor we strive for perfection and error on the side of caution, we will never count lashes. Our goal is to apply as many lashes as possible, to create the illusion every lash has an extension, thus looking full, lush and spectacular! Worthy of a full set price.
Please tip your Esthetician at least 20% of the full price service. Example: $50 would be 20% for a full set, based on regular price.
Any gratuity is very much appreciated!